Masks and proof of COVID-19 vaccination are no longer required to attend League classes or enter the building.*
Effective Tuesday, November 1, 2022, New York City will no longer require employees of private-sector employers to be vaccinated for COVID-19. In line with this decision, League management and the Board of Control has voted to lift the League’s vaccine requirement on Tuesday, November 1, the same day the city’s mandate is lifted.
The League will continue to monitor and assess how our policy impacts the health and safety of our community and our guidelines remain subject to change based on the guidance of healthcare authorities and the input of the League community, should risks from the COVID-19 virus escalate.
If you feel sick, we ask that you refrain from attending class in-person or visiting the League. If you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 or have questions about whether or not you pose a risk to your instructors or classmates, please see the CDC’s COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Calculator.
Please continue to alert us via our confidential email [email protected] if you test positive after attending a League class or event, or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and believe you may have exposed others.
* In some classes, instructors may request that students wear masks in the studio during class hours. Please check the class description for each of your classes to see if your instructors have requested students wear a mask in their studios. If this is an issue for you, please consider signing up for another class.
Our ability to remain open safely depends on you. It is of the utmost importance that our students and visitors follow these guidelines. The League reserves the right to ask those who do not follow these guidelines to leave the premises.
- Please practice good hygiene and be conscientious of others. Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer regularly. Please refrain from overcrowding the elevators, and do not attend class in-person or visit the League if you are feeling ill.
- Please report unsafe conditions or concerns. A confidential League email address has been set up so staff, students, and/or visitors can report COVID-19 related health concerns. Please contact [email protected] if you have questions, concerns, or believe you may have been exposed or exposed others to COVID-19.
- There is no food or drink allowed in our studios. The Cafe will remain closed for the time being.
- There is no smoking or vaping allowed on the League’s premises.
- Students and guests are not permitted to use cell phones during class.
- There is no photography of any kind permitted in the studios without express prior permission.
- Class Monitors are in charge of the studios, under the guidance of the League Administration.